Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tweaking the deodorant recipe

Post 36

After testing the deodorant recipe for a few days we've decided to make a few adjustments.  It seems to be effectively controlling odor but being on the oily side is leaving marks on our clothing.  They launder out easily but are rather obvious.  We've experimented with adding some witch hazel and vodka as well as some stearic acid instead of more beeswax.  We've also added a little borax, water and lecithin.  Tomorrow we'll test this one.  It feels a little creamier to touch but the real truth will come with daily wear.  If we like it better I'll post the final recipe.

Garden coming along nicely.  Should be seeing a boom in produce soon due to all the rainy humid weather.  Cabbage caps seem to be working well so far.  Early yesterday morning I noticed a lot of snails on eveything so I need to spread more diatomacious earth around when it's not going to rain for a day or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting The Journal! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts from the Past 30 Days

The Woodwife's Shop

Preparing small batch natural, additive free products for beauty, health and home right here in our kitchen since 1991 from herbs grown organically in our garden, wild crafted in nearby meadows and woodlands or purchased from reputable, like-minded companies. Dried everlasting wreaths, arrangements and potpourri. Herbal salves, tinctures, soaps, teas and more.