Welcome to the 194th edition of
Katherine @ Mind, Body and Sole
Jennifer @ The Entwife's Journal,
and Sharon, here at The Woodwife's Journal! :)
While traditional wildcrafting refers to gathering herbs and plants in the wild to use for food and medicine, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a weekly blog hop for sharing self-sufficiency and homesteading tips, tried and true home-remedies, and your favorite herbal uses. It's a place to gather information on ways to incorporate old fashioned wisdom in our day-to-day life. It is anything and everything herbal - from crafts to cleaning to tinctures to cooking. It is remedies and natural cures made at home from natural ingredients. It is self-sufficient living, homesteading, and back-to-basics tips to save food, money, and resources. If it involves herbs or traditional methods of homemaking and home healing then we want to read about it! In other words, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a "one stop shop" for the best tips and simple steps to become more healthy and more self-reliant! Please join us! :)
Each week, we get some incredible posts submitted by amazing bloggers. The following posts are three of our host's and reader's favorites.
Make Season Salt Using Fresh Garden Herbs
by Joybilee Farm
Simple, Delicious Homemade Kombucha
by Stone Family Farmstead
by A Life Well Red
Thank you to every one of our bloggers who linked up and to all of our readers for helping us pick our featured posts!
Guidelines for Participation
1. Please link up your blog post using the Linky widget below. If you are posting a recipe, only real food recipes are permitted please. This means no processed food ingredients!
2. Please link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blogs home page. That allows future readers who find this post and go to your link to be able to find what they're looking for.
3. Please place a link back to this post. That way your readers can benefit from all the ideas too. This also helps out the other participants who are hoping to get more traffic to their blogs. If you're new to blogging here's what you do: Copy the URL of Wildcrafting Wednesday from your browser address bar. Then edit your post by adding something like, "This post was shared on Wildcrafting Wednesday" at the end of your post. Then highlight "Wildcrafting Wednesday", click the "link" button on your blogging tool bar, and paste the URL into that line. That's it!
4. Please only link posts that fit the blog hop description. Old and archived posts are welcome as long as you post a link back as described above. Please don't link to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. That keeps our links valuable in the future since a link to a giveaway three months old isn't going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to an herbal tip will be.
5. Please leave a comment. :)
6. And bloggers, please check out the other posts and leave a comment for them too. :) I know that we would all love to hear from each other. :)
The following button will link back to this edition of Wildcrafting Wednesday:
Note: when copying the code for the button, the quotation marks (") change causing the button to display incorrectly and breaking the link; simply delete each quotation mark in the html code and re-type it in the same place and the button will work correctly.